Cultivating A Green Future Through Truth
Do I smoke pot to get high because I like too? Your damn right I do. My name is James Priest and I love the H.E.-Double-Hockey-Sticks outta weed! Am I a medical patient? Yes and no. Doctors would rather me be on Prozac and Trazadone after the loss of my infant son a few years back followed by the loss of my stepdaughter to heart failure at 13 just a short time later. Does cannabis help me? You bet your arse it does. Does it fix all my problems and make things go away? Nope. But, it does help me to efficiently focus and function through it all. It isn’t just me that finds this to be true with cannabis. Many before me thought the way I do.
- In 2700 BC, an Emperor named Sheng Nung, who is the Father of Chinese medicine is said to have discovered the healing attributes of cannabis.
- By 1500 BC this incredible plant known as cannabis was written into the Chinese Pharmacopoeia in a book called the Rh-Ya.
- 1213 BC, inflammation, glaucoma, and even enemas derived from cannabis were being utilized by the Egyptians.
- Moving along to 1000 BC a combination of cannabis and milk was utilized across India as an anesthetic in a drink called Bhang.
- Approaching 200 BC ancient Greece found multiple uses for medicinal cannabis. They to understood the medicinal uses cannabis offered for conditions such as inflammation, edema, and earaches.
- By 1 AD you could find more than 100 elements that Chinese text recommended cannabis as the treatment.
Cannabis was rolling along smoothly until the early nineteen-hundreds. When the greedy power of a corrupt government forming, solidified their financial and future financial generational wealth with the signing of the 1937 MJ Tax Act. As you can see many before me have understood the amazing property of healing this plant offers society.
I know what cannabis holds for people who embrace it. Is it for everyone? In my opinion, yes. Not necessarily in the form of smoking psychoactive THC but in a topical, capsule, or edible there are several cannabinoids that are essential to a healthy endocannabinoid system. The saturation of cannabinoids such as CBD THC, CBG, CBN and others to the CB1 and CB2 receptors found all throughout the body creates efficient two-way communicating between cells and nerves. That’s just my opinion based from what I’ve learned and witnessed. Some people will agree with me 100% while others won’t agree with me on this a bit. There are facts to support what I’ve learned. Here’s my take on this. I hope you find it useful.
Cannabis Could Be the Healing of The Nations
Cannabis is a smoking topic at the center of the debate on many different tables. Arguments are presented by both sides, being anti-cannabis and pro-cannabis supporters. There seems to be one major problem, though. The anti-cannabis supporters appear to be using false information fueled by negative cannabis propaganda from the Reefer Madness hysteria brought on by the American government. The facts are out there. Thanks to the power of freedom of speech combined with the Internet, the truth can be learned by anyone who has an open mind and the willingness to accept truth and change.
The media for decades was controlled by powers to be and used to influence the thoughts of the people. This hasn’t changed much except for the access to knowledge part. The powers to be are still lying and using outdated fictional propaganda information when debating cannabis. People surely must see this right? Not necessarily. I’ve traveled from the east coast of FL to the west coast of Washington and have seen a wide variety of opinions about cannabis. Facts flow in abundance on the west coast and have even made their way east. However, the south is a whole different story.
Check out this outdated pure nonsense that’s being said by political leaders. This shows me nothing more than these people are either brainwashed or in the pockets of special private interest groups and corporations. Cannabis could be the healing of the nations if not for this debauchery.
- Jeff Sessions- “Good people don’t smoke marijuana.”
- Ronald Reagan- “I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast”
- Harry J. Anslinger- “There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.?”
- Chelsey Clinton– “We also have anecdotal evidence now from Colorado where some of the people who were taking marijuana for those purposes, the coroner believes, after they died, there was drug interactions with other things they were taking,”
- Chris Christie– “States should not be permitted to sell it and profit from legalizing marijuana.”
This information is a bold face lie and an outright slap in the face to constituents. Thinking like this must change. We the people put the people in power and we the people can remove them. If the ones we elect continue to support pharma, private insurance, and nonrenewable resources when a safe healthy natural and sustainable one is right in front of them don’t want to except change then it’s time for them to go. Ask yourself just what happened to the American government in the 1900’s that caused cannabis prohibition to exist and you’ll find the answer was money. Check out what these influential and successful cannabis consumers of the past that helped to establish a nation thought about this remarkable plant.
- George Washington– “Make the most of the Indian Hemp Seed and sow it everywhere!”
- Thomas Jefferson- “If we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion by education”
- Thomas Jefferson– “If people let government decide which foods they eat and medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.”
- Harry S. Truman – “When even one American who has done nothing wrong is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril.”
- Richard M. Nixon– “Federal and state laws (should) be changed to no longer make it a crime to possess marijuana for private use.”
- Judge Francis Young– (DEA) “…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.”
- Henry Ford– “Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?”
- Jimmy Carter– “Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marijuana in private for personal use… Therefore, I support legislation amending Federal law to eliminate all Federal criminal penalties for the possession of up to one ounce [28g] of marijuana.”
It’s time the people of this planet come before profit margins. We have the power to fix the world we live in. Pot isn’t the cure-all answer for every problem out there. It is a step in the right direction, though. Returning to our roots of cannabis-based natural medicines will help remove addiction and death that are attributed to the harmful side effects found with prescription drugs. Our soldiers in America are sent to guard poppy fields that produce raw opium. Yet they are ordered all too often to destroy cannabis plants. Guard the plant that harms so many yet destroy the one that helps so many? That sounds like the work of evil to me.
Changing Minds One Bud At A Time
Let’s educate those who don’t know about cannabis so we can change minds and lives for the better. Let’s get legalization in place so we can focus on the stuff that matters like water conservation, clean energy, sustainable food sources and ending world hunger. This can all be done when profits removed from the picture. It won’t happen overnight. People looking to profit off others has become a way of life. We can change this, though. Through random acts of kindness, continued education, and walking with our eyes and minds open it can be done.
Curious as to some of the lives cannabis has changed? Check out the incredible individuals like me and you who are here today because of the options cannabis offered them. Our political leaders in denial would tell these people to die. This must stop. Life is our choice not the choice of some suit.