Macaroni & Cheese w/ Maple Bacon
Macaroni & Cheese. A classic comfort food recipe. How could it get any better than this? Easy… add weed AND bacon to it!
Cook 2 and ½ cups of macaroni in a large pot, as per the instructions on the box. Then drain and reserve.
While the macaroni is cooking, place 6 bacon strips on a foil lined baking sheet and cook for 8 minutes at 400F. Turn bacon over and brush with 1 tablespoon of infused maple syrup, then cook another 7 minutes. Remove from the oven; cool, dice and reserve.
In the same large pot, melt ¼ cup of butter over medium heat. Stir in ¼ cup of flour and mix well. Then add 2 cups of milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
Add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 cup of processed cheese and mix well.
Mix in 2/3 of a cup of sour cream and 1 and 1/3 cups of cottage cheese into sauce.
Add cooked macaroni and mix well.
Pour the mixture in a greased casserole dish, then sprinkle with 2 cups of cheddar cheese and diced bacon.
Cover the whole thing with 1 and ½ cups of breadcrumbs.
Dot with 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle with a pinch of paprika.
Bake at 350F (180C) for 45-50 minutes and enjoy!
– 2 1/2 cups macaroni
– 1/4 cup canna butter
– 1/4 cup flour
– 2 cups milk
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp. sugar
– 1 cup processed cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
– 2/3 cup sour cream
– 1 1/3 cups cottage cheese)
– 2 cups grated old cheddar cheese
– 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
– 2 Tbsp. butter
– Pinch of paprika
– 1 tablespoon infused maple syrup
– 6 slices bacon
1. Cook and drain macaroni and place in a 2 1/2 quart (2.5 L) greased casserole.
2. Melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour; mix well. Add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
3. Add salt, sugar and cheese. Mix well.
4. Mix sour cream and cottage cheese into sauce.
5. Add cooked macaroni. Mix well.
6. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and crumbs over top.
7. Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
8. Bake at 350F (180C) for 45-50 minutes.