Bruce Jolliff CPA, CFO, and Forensic Accountant for the Cannabis Sector
Cannabis and finances go hand-in-hand. The cannabis space is home to an immensely large financial sector. Business-to-business (B2B), business-to-customer (B2C), seed to sale (S2S), and ancillary services help make up a multibillion-dollar global industry. The cannabis space is filled with operations existing that many people overlook or just don’t realize.
Decades of negative stigma and stereotypes have left a widely misunderstood plant demonized. People tend to think of long-haired hippies getting high doing nothing but playing video games lounging around on the couch all day when they think about cannabis. Cannabis is fueling jobs and building the framework for future generational wealth for families around the world.
When you think about cannabis and cannabis businesses what do you think of? Do you think of budtenders and pot farmers? Or, do you think of IT Network Specialists, Engineers, Architects, Electricians, Plumbers, Writers, Marketing Specialist, CPA’s? Many people overlook the need and demand that the cannabis space creates for so many professional careers today.
Counting On It
Bruce Jolliff is one of many individuals out there in this giant sea of green offering a professional service to a newly cultivated industry. Bruce is a CPA, CFE (forensic accountant), and a CFO (Chief Financial Officer) for hire. Mr. Jolliff is ready to work with your business as your in-house financial expert on a part-time and remote basis.
Bruce brings vital financial training to your business helping to organize and streamline the accounting process. He also captures key metrics and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), to better control and manages business operations. Using his forensic accounting background Bruce can also set up internal controls to tighten up the security of your company’s assets.
Bruce hasn’t always worked for the cannabis space. In fact, like so many he is a newcomer to the industry, an industry that’s shaping up to be an impressive one. With competition in business being more competitive than ever before, more businesses are looking for new markets to enter. Cannabis is one of those markets where everybody is seeing green.
“One of the most important tasks, and perhaps the most difficult for cannabis businesses, is the setup and maintenance of proper accounting records, a system of internal accounting controls and the hiring, training and retention of competent accounting staff.”-Bruce Jolliff
Working Smarter So You Don’t Have To Work Harder
Bruce received his education in accounting at the University of Portland where he was a member of Alpha Kappa Psi. He has applied this education as CFO/Controller for Vivos Inc since 2007 where he is still currently employed. Streamlining your business for financial efficiency can really make a difference.
Bruce is looking to partner with your business to provide the following:
- Outsourced controller and CFO services
- Expert advice and assistance to clients on financial functions to increase profits
- Improve cash flow and guide organizations towards greater levels of success
- Create and improve financial reporting tools, dashboards, and KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)to deliver timely and valuable information for the successful business operations.
Bruce has successfully helped several businesses streamline their financial aspects. Here are some of the projects that Bruce has under his belt.
- Prepared audit for $550M organization in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, cutting auditing time 40%.
- Implement financial reporting system, enabling non-profit to close year-end books quickly thereby reducing auditing costs by 50%.
- Establish cost tracking system for engineering firm, enabling better project/budget control.
- Reduce CPA costs 40% by restructuring and consolidating operations for two seed processing plants.
- Improve job costing in detective agency and process costing in chemical manufacturing company establishing better information more quickly.
If Bruce Jolliff sounds like the kind of person you need on your team then reach out and connect with him today by phone at (509)-952-9923 or via email at [email protected]. Tell him that James from CannaLance sent you. Your business deserves the best and let’s face it, not all of us were born to work with numbers like Bruce Jolliff.