The 2017 Emerald Cup Is Coming Up, Will You Be There
The 2017 Emerald Cup is coming up at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds on December 9th and 10th! Will you be there strutting your stuff at the years Emerald Cup? I know I will! I’ll be strolling through the cup this year VIP with my friend and business partner The Green Life Granny.
Back in 2003, with little more than word-of-mouth advertising the festival so many enjoy today was born. What started with just 23 entries in the Emerald Cup’s cannabis contest has turned into one epic annual event averaging over 1205 entries as of 2016! An estimated 25,000+ attended last year’s cup.
Each year’s Emerald Cup has grown in popularity while cultivating more success for the culture. Connecting the community and culture with the merging cannabis market, the Emerald Cup provides valuable networking but most importantly a great time focused around the plant we all love so.
Since this year will be my first ever Emerald Cup I thought I would take a second to look up what to expect. While doing this it dawned on me that others may be in my position. So, I figured what the heck, I’d cover what to expect at this year’s Emerald Cup for the readers here at Expert Joints.
You can expect music, speakers, workshops, glass artist, and pre-parties along with contests, vendors and more. Leave all your stuff at home including the weed because the Emerald Cup has everything you’ll need. The information I’m going to cover below can also be located in the FAQS section at theemeraldcup.com.
- -The Emerald Cup has an in and out policy in effect. This means that only people with certain privileges may enter and exit the event. Single day ticket holders are required to stay at the event until they are thoroughly done enjoying the experience that day. Once a single day ticket holder leaves the event they will be required to have a new ticket to return. All ticket holders with full weekend VIP tickets as well as full weekend tickets receive the privilege of in and out times on Saturday during 11 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The event is for ages 18 and up. An outdoor medicating section will be available for California medical marijuana patients only.
- You’re required to have a valid current government issued ID.
- You can expect a bag search.
- Those from out of state may obtain a recommendation from a California physician to legally possess or access medical cannabis. It is advised to set this up beforehand rather than try to get it done the day of the event. There will also be doctors on sight.
- Sorry folks but there’s no refunds.
- You can show up early but doors will not open until 11 a.m. daily for the Emerald Cup.
- Be careful when purchasing your ticket as apparently there are some scam artists out there that will try to ruin this event for you. Rest assured that your ticket is authentic by purchasing your 2017 Emerald Cup ticket only from trusted official sources. The best place to get your ticket is at theemeraldcup.com.
- Remember don’t bring drugs or alcohol or try to bring recording devices into the cup. No one under 18 will be permitted entry so don’t try showing up with the baby on your hip or in a stroller. Pets and animals are not allowed unless they are certified service animals. Emotional support animals are not allowed. Finally, don’t show up trying to promote your event or business without approval. There are no unapproved handouts, pamphlets, stickers, patches or other materials for advertisement allowed.
Rules Are Cool, At Least They Are At The Emerald Cup
Now you might be saying the same thing I’m saying right about now and that’s, wow they’re sure seems like there’s a lot of rules. These rules are put in place for both safety and fun. Unfortunately, there’s always the bad apples in a barrel that you must not only explain everything for but you need to keep an extra set of eyes on to make sure they abide by the rules.
The event has everything you need to have the time of your life from food, fun, and education to souvenirs, culture, community, and more. On behalf of CannaLance and Expert Joints have a great time this year if you make the cup! We hope to see you at this epic event. Don’t delay, get your tickets today so you’ll know that you’ll be there to strut your stuff at the 2017 Emerald Cup!